Saturday, November 18, 2006

A Weekend Alone

I'm still in Syracuse (I leave Wednesday) and for the first time in as long as I can remember, I am alone for the weekend. No family, no friends, just me and this town to explore. It's a little weird and disconcerting. I'm used to having my family around and I miss them when I'm not with them. Even when I've been on the road before, it's always been for a trade show or some other such thing where I had coworkers around who were also away from my family


So now, as you can probably guess, the issue becomes what to do with a weekend full of time, short on funds and all alone. I've spent the morning so far drinking coffee, eating some toast and checking out maps of the area. I plan on checking out some of the suburban type residential areas. I'd like to find a tar-je' (Target for you uninitiated) and pick up some shorts so I can use the workout equipment in the hotel here. I'll check out downtown and see what the area has to offer I suppose. If I have enough money left over and feel like I can afford it, Syracuse has a symphony orchestra and they're having a showing of Mozart's requiem tonight. I've seen it at the Kennedy Center in Washington DC and I'd like to see how central New York (CNY is the locally accepted abbreviation) matches up. At any rate, the long and the short of this post is that I am alone this weekend and honestly have no idea what I'm going to do. This much I do know: Starbucks is two blocks away. It's not Caribou but, well, what can you do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home