Saturday, November 11, 2006

We're Definately Moving

I know it's been a while and to my avid readers, I apologize. I've tried to post a few times but blogger is apparently having a few issues. Well, no biggie, I've been really busy as of late anyway. The job hunt thing has really picked up the past few weeks and I'm up to my butt in trying to juggle my schedule right now. To give you an idea, on tuesday I was going through airport security on my way to Philadelphia (When I'm in leadership of this nation I'm abolishing the TSA and, by extension, the department of homeland security but that's a story for another time) and during that time I set up an interview for Monday, talked to one headhunter and had to call another back. I still have the interview on Monday and I will go but honestly I think it's a waste of time. Regular readers of this blog will note that I mentioned Syracuse New York on September 16th. Well, it finally came to last night. My new boss and I will agree to terms this weekend and I'll be up there this week. I'm so excited I can't sleep. That's why I'm up and doing this at nearly 4:00 in the morning. A few hours before I heard from Derick I got a phone call and e-mail offering me the postion in Philadelphia. I didn't answer the calls because I was in a phone interview with the folks in Denver. Get the idea? It's been like working a full time job lately. Which, according to my ever wise father in law, it should be.



One more airport story that some will find interesting but others probably wont. See the guy in the picture? That's Arn Anderson, pro wrestler, formerly of WWF/WCW four horseman fame. I met him at the airport after missing my flight Tuesday morning. He apparently had the same experience and was not a happy camper. To give the man credit, he shook my hand and was very cordial but was obviously pissed and I can't say I blame him at all. The idiots running TSA security that morning must have had a hundred passengers all trying to get through one metal detector that morning. To compound matters, the group of minimum wage losers was running slower and as efficiently as a retarded kid in a calculus class. I'm sure we weren't the only people to miss our flights.

So anyway, TSA sucks, I have a job (or will this week anyway) and if you don't hear from me for a while, it's probably because I got locked up for making comments critical of a government entity. Welcome to Amerika. Your papers, please.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Dave, that is great. You are about a 5-hour car trip North of us!! Woo-hoo and in the same state. Sorry about yr flight, I hate to do it but I always get to the airport about 2 hours+ before flight time, which sux.

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home